Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Overwhelming Urge - Andersen Prunty

     So I have become a pretty big fan of bizarro fiction, and mostly with the short fiction category of it.  This book goes along with that fact as it has a great deal of stories in a short amount of time, most of them would qualify as microfiction or flash fiction but they have a great deal of content for the shortness.
     What I like the most about this collection is the fact that every story is based mostly in reality and its the subtle things that make it surreal.  That sort of small feeling that things aren't right is what I look for in some of my reading.  It's not too gory or full of sex but there is some of both of them, so not for the complete squeamish but don't expect too much extreme content either.  For favorites it would be really hard to list them as there are 20+ stories, but honestly I liked all but the longest one a great deal.  Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment